NEW: Key info about our site cookies. Find out HERE NOW.
If you do not act you will be treated as having accepted cookies.
This website www.shuuemura.co.uk is owned and run by L’Oréal (U.K.) Limited (“L’Oréal” or “We”).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is L’Oréal (U.K.) Limited of 255 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8AZ, United Kingdom. For further information about L’Oreal, and the different divisions and brands within it, please visit www.loreal.co.uk.
This policy covers all personal information collected and used by L’Oreal. In this policy, “personal information” means information or pieces of information that could identify you. This includes information such as your name, address, username, profile pictures, or email address, but could also include information such as your IP address, or information about your preferences and shopping habits.
We may collect information about you from different sources detailed below.
Information you give us:
You may choose to provide personal information to us, for example by filling in forms on our website or at one of our stores or counters, entering competitions and prize draws, creating an account on our website or via a mobile app, contributing on one of our social platforms, or contacting us by email, phone, live chat, or otherwise.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, health information, and user-generated content. If you login to one of our sites using social login, you will also be giving us access to your social data on the relevant social network.
Information we collect about you:
• Technical information, including your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, device identifier, location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
• Information about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our site and products you viewed or searched for;
• Length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Emails that we send as part of our marketing programmes use clear gifs (web beacons). These tell us whether the email has been opened. Web beacons can be turned off by not “enabling images” in an email.
If you are using one of our mobile apps, we may also collect information about the way you use our
Information we receive and collect from other sources:
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate (for example a website for another L’Oréal brand) or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources, including publically available content on social media.
We may use your personal information…
To get in touch and provide you with services you have asked for. We may:
• Send you information about products and surveys that may be of interest to you (where you have consented to this), or offer you opportunities to participate in competitions or surveys;
• Contact you about a particular type of product where you have started a transaction but not finalised your purchase;
• Provide you with products or services that you request from us, including carrying out any actions required from your request e.g. process an order that you make (including payment and delivery), or setting up an account with us;
• Reach you on social media, either directly or through tailored advertising content;
• Give you updates on any changes to our service;
• Keep an up to date suppression list where you have asked not to be contacted, so we do not inadvertently re-contact you;
• Process your payments and protect against fraudulent transactions.
To provide you with a tailored and relevant experience. We may:
• Deliver relevant advertising tailored to your preferences to you directly on our website or when you visit other websites or social media channels, and measure the effectiveness of that advertising;
• Combine information we receive and collect from all sources to understand your interests and preferences, and provide you with an experience that is tailored to those interests and preferences e.g. by offering you products you are interested in first on our website, or sending you personalised offers or promotions by email (where you have agreed to receiving our emails);
• Offer you content that is relevant to your location e.g. invitations to events;
• Ensure our website, social media pages, and email content and is presented in the most efficient and effective manner for you, including remembering your preferences and interests.
To improve our site and content. We may:
• Administer, monitor, and improve our site, social media pages, and email content, including troubleshooting, analysis, testing of functions and different site design ideas;
• As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• Otherwise as required or permitted by law.
We may share your personal information with any member of the L’Oréal Group, which means our subsidiaries, and our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. Please visit www.loreal.com for further details on the L’Oréal Group.
We may also share your information with trusted third parties. We rely on trusted third parties to perform a range of business operations on our behalf. We only provide them with the information they need to perform the service, and we require that they don’t use your information for any other purpose. We will always use our best efforts to ensure that all third parties we work with will keep your personal information secure. We may share your personal information with:
• Advertising, marketing, digital and social media agencies to help us to deliver advertising, marketing, and campaigns, to analyse their effectiveness, and to manage your contact and questions;
• Third parties required to deliver a product to you e.g. postal/delivery services;
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
• Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of entering into a contract with you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If L’Oréal or a part of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers relating to those assets will be one of the transferred assets.
• In other circumstances if we have your consent or we are permitted to do so by law.
We will not sell your personal information.
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure, and take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure, and require that trusted third parties who handle your personal information for us do the same.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may also offer you the opportunity to use social login. If you chose to use social login, please be aware that the social platform will share your profile information with us. The information that is shared will depend on your social platform settings.
Some of our sites and apps allow users to submit their own content. Please remember that any content submitted to one of our social platforms can be viewed by the public, and you should be cautious about providing certain personal information e.g. financial information or address details via these platforms. We are not responsible for any actions taken by other individuals if you post personal information on one of our social media platforms.
What are they
Do I want to stop them?
Required to navigate from one page to another and to maintain the login/logout information during your visit. It collects information in an anonymous form by using a unique identifier. Expires after 20 minutes of inactivity or when you end your session.
Used to store the number of items and total cost of the basket when you are internet shopping with us. It collects information in an anonymous form by using a unique identifier. Expires when you end your session.
When you are internet shopping with us these two cookies work in relation to the secure payments aspects of the transaction and collect information in an anonymous form using a unique identifier. JSESSIONID expires when you end your session and BIGipServerorderpage expires after two hours.
Contains your country code and an anonymous unique identifier used during your previous visit to personalise the content of this website. This cookie remains on your computer after the session has closed.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. They are placed on the site by Google, Inc an American Corporation. It collects information in an anonymous form , including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited on the site. This information is then used by Google to make reports for us and to help us improve the site. For more information visit www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
I accept the optional cookies on this siteI reject the optional cookies on this site
Any changes we may make to our Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we treat your personal information, or would like to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please contact us at [brand contact email address] or by writing to us at:
[brand name] Data Protection Officer
L’Oreal (UK) limited
255 Hammersmith Road
London W6 8 AZ
Please Sign In